January 14, 2006

Another Moocher

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These last couple of weeks, a new denizen of our neighborhood has wandered in and out of my home, all the while eagerly partaking of whatever attention, food, and comfort she can readily secure. She is very thin. I suspected she may have worms, but upon closer inspection I think not. She is likely just underfed. I plan to remedy that problem.

I love those green eyes.

Janice calls her "Stilts", and I have been calling her "Sticks" because of her long, thin legs. I am also thinking of calling her "Krista" after a coworker of mine who, as you probably already guessed, is a tall and very slender woman of similar proportions to our new visitor. Whatever we choose to call her, she has a very sweet personality and neither Princess or Silo seem to mind her presence all that much.

(Any other name ideas? Try to be original, please.)

The usual critters are still coming around for meals and I'm happy to say they all seem quite fat and happy for the winter. The raccoons and squirrels are on vacation, but the opossum are still busy foraging and sleeping off their conveniently offered repast under the deck of my humble home. There are four of them now. They don't even take much notice when I come out to greet them. They must love the holidays. I collect the chicken and turkey bones from everyone I know and leave them out on the deck. Janice is afraid that if we dine out I would begin asking people at other tables for their scraps as well.

Some think I'm crazy. If they only knew.

"Everyone safe and everyone fed." That is my motto.

Kol Tuv

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

I have a dear friend who also feeds the wildlife in her area -- most racoons. Like you she truly loves animals and is happy to help them out.

As for your new companion animal, when I saw those eyes the name 'Sheba' immediately popped into my head - though I don't think that name scores points for originality LOL.

 
At 3:11 AM , Blogger Shlomo Leib Aronovitz said...

She just moved into my neighbor's house. She has a good home! I don't know what they call her yet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home