May 08, 2006

The Prodigal Son Returns!


Silo

After at least a week of panic and subsequent dealing with the possibilities, Silo the Cat completed his return home at 4:30 am. I leave the window open in the bedroom and the cats come and go from a ladder that runs from the roof of my shed up to the bedroom. I awoke to a jolt from his jump from window to bed and the trilling of his happy noise. Cats have a very intricate language, at least for those who are talkers.

I’m so happy he’s back and I’m trilling in my own way. He seems very happy, too, and though he has always been super sweet and affectionate, he seems especially so now. So far, in spite of the rigorous implementing of severe interrogation techniques i.e. hugging, catnip, back scratches, and cuddling, Silo stubbornly refuses to divulge any information as to where he was or what he was doing while away from home. We may have to accept his silence as implying that we humans are on a ‘need to know’ basis only.

I want to thank my neighbors for helping in the search for Silo. There are still reported sightings of him in other parts of the neighborhood even though he is already back at home. Perhaps I underestimated his powers. In any event, he has become the most popular animal in the area by virtue of the flyers and door to door searches that were conducted.

Silo wasn’t hurt or injured in any way. We suspect that someone who didn’t know him wrongly, though kindly, assumed he was a stray and took him in and it was after the publicity they realized they should let him back out to go home. He has a collar, that should have indicated a home, but it’s certainly no guarantee. Silo does have a microchip implanted somewhere on his anatomy, but I am looking into buying a GPS locator for animals. They are very expensive.

Her High-Esteemed-Lordship-Princess-of-the-Realm is not too excited about Silo’s return. I think she liked having the house to herself. She remains aloof and unavailable for comment.

Thanks for all your best wishes!

Kol Tuv

"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function." (Garrison Keillor)

3 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Blogger kasamba said...

Welcome back Silo!!!!
Are you sure a group of Elvis impersonaters didn't come down from a UFO and take him to a blue suede planet for scientific experiments?

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger BlogBlond said...

welcome back- i am so happy for both of you that the cliche about true love returning when set free is true!

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you shared with us silo's return, I kept checking up on your blog to see a post about silo return home.. I'm really Glad he made it back home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home